Monday, March 31, 2008

Saturday Breakfast


Well, Robbu and I had a pretty busy weekend. We practically did all of our Spring planting in 2 days. So to start off the weekend of dirty hands and sun-kissed shoulders, I made one of my breakfast favorites...a frittata! Can't beat this for a boost of energy!


I tend to find that most frittatas are too dense for my taste; so this version is more of a baked omelet. But I just like saying "frittata"...it sounds more fancy-smanchy than "baked omelet." I served it with garlic-cheese grits and strawberries.


Broccoli and Parmesan Frittata


The players:

1/2 c steamed broccoli florets

1/2 c grated Parmesan

1/2 tbs butter

8 eggs

1/4 c milk


Here we Go!!

Pre-Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

Alright...first I separate all of the egg whites from the yolks. The I beat the crap out of the whites until frothy. Add the yolks and milk, set aside.

Place butter into a pan on stove over medium heat until butter is melted. Be sure the the pan used is oven-safe. Then Place steamed broccoli into pan, and stir to coat the florets. Add milk and cheese, sir and let sit for a few minutes.

Cover and place pan into oven for 10 min.

The frittata should rise slightly. When finished I invert the pan onto a serving dish and serve pie-style!

No comments: